Monday, July 14, 2008

Splash at Splashtown

At around 9.30 on a lazy Sunday morning I was admiring the closeness of the shave in the mirror, my phone started playing Final Countdown and I started to hum along with it. Then a second later I
realized that was an incoming call! So ran to pickup the call before it gets re-directed to my voice mail. I picked up the call...

Me: Hello.?. (Wondering why this person is calling on a Sunday morning)

Friend: Arent you coming to Splash town?

Me: Yeah, but when is everyone leaving?

Friend: Now... We are leaving in half an hour!

Me: Oh!... I thought it was sometime later not so early

Friend: Start now, meet you at the entrance in 20 mins!

Me: But wait, am not ready yet, I need some more time

Friend: Better get ready soon... I got to go... see you at the entrance bye!

And the line went dead...

Splash town is a water amusement park situated around 30 miles from my house. Our client had arranged for an all expenses paid one day outing at Splashtown. Being a contractor I too got a chance to avail that pass! So me and and bunch of my colleagues were planing to go Splashtown and have a splash. In a hurry I emptied the small rucksack that I carry to office everyday and dumped a set of dress and headed to the entrance where my friends were waiting to leave. After the initial Hi, hellos we started towards splashtown.

45 minutes and 30 miles later we were at Splashtown. Since we were not the earlier once to arrive we had to navigate around the parking lot to find a spot, we found one soon and we were on our way into the park. First thing we did was to rent a locker to keep our belongings. And the first place that we went was to the Wave pool. By the time were out of the pool it was already around 12.30, so we headed to grab a bite. The queue was quite long. By the time we finished lunch it was around 2.

Next stop after lunch was Shotgun falls, this ride is very much like a slide in the park, the only difference is that you land in 10 feet deep water pool instead of the conventional slide. Next stop was the high point of the whole outing, the Tornado. In this ride we fall into a huge cone and see-saw inside the cone before splashing into water. The adrenaline rush just cannot be explained in words. After this dose of fun we headed to other rides and chit-chatted for a while. it was almost 5 in the evening so we went to get some evening snacks and some rest in the shade. Then came the time for some beach-volleyball. After
two matches we headed towards the River walk. Here you can walk, swim or just float around and rest yourself. After floating around the stream couple of times we headed to the wave pool again for the last wave of the day. By the time the wave in to pool came to normal it was closing time, almost all of us were tired by the day long activities.

Did some car searching to spot the car and hopped onto it and headed home after a eventful day at the water park. I was looking forward for a nice hot shower and sleep like a baby :-). Forty five minutes later we were back in home....

No comments: